What is the quickest way to receive my refund?
- File electronically
- Use direct deposit for your refund
Can I check refund status online?
Yes, click Check your refund status.
What type of refunds can I view on TAP?
- Circuit Breaker Renter Refund
- Individual Income Tax Refund
Can I view the status of a refund issued last year?
No. You can only view the current year refund status.
What refund information is required?
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Refund amount or Federal Adjusted Gross Income (FAGI) from line 4 of your current year income tax return.
I received a message that my refund information could not be found at this time. What should I do?
- Wait 30 days if filed electronically
- Wait 90 days if filed by paper return
- Follow instructions on the message screen
- Call 800-662-4335 or 801-297-2200 for questions after the waiting period
Why is my refund amount different from what I was expecting?
The most common reasons are:
- Your return may have had an error
- Your refund may have been used to pay another liability
- Your refund has been intercepted by another agency
My refund was issued over 2 weeks ago and I have not received it. What should I do?
- Verify refund mailing address on your return was correct
- Verify direct deposit information was correct
- Wait 30 days from the refund issue date then contact the Utah Department of Finance at 801-957-7760. You will need to provide information from the Check your refund status page.