TAP FAQ – Payments

How do I submit a payment in TAP without a TAP account?

From the main TAP homepage, Payments box, choose Make an e-Check payment or Make a credit card payment. Complete each screen and click Next. Only click the Submit button when you have completed all the steps.

Note: Convenience fees apply to credit card payments.

How do I make my payment using a payment coupon with a coupon code?

If you received a letter from the Utah State Tax Commission that includes a payment coupon, enter the Coupon Code into the Account Information box in TAP.

If your payment coupon was not sent to you from the Utah State Tax Commission, select No to make a payment without a coupon.


How do I find my bank routing and account numbers?

How to find routing number

Will I receive confirmation if I make a payment in TAP?

Yes. After you submit a payment, you will receive a confirmation code. Please record it or print your screen. You will also be emailed a confirmation.

Note: Credit card payments will have a receipt emailed to you.

What should I do if I need to cancel an e-Check payment after I submit it?

Use the Find your submission link in the Tools panel. If your payment:

  • Shows Submitted in TAP, click your payment link then Withdraw.
  • Has already cleared your bank account, contact Taxpayer Resources at 801-297-7705.
  • If scheduled to process on a future date, send a request to cancel the payment to TAPSupport@utah.gov.

I made an error entering my payment information? How do I correct it?

You cannot change payment information after submission. You must cancel the payment and submit a new one.

When must I make a payment for it to be timely? Is there a grace period?

Payments are due by midnight on the filing period due date to avoid penalties and interest. There is no grace period.

Can I make a future dated e-Check payment?

Yes, you can schedule your payment up to 130 days in the future. However, payments that are not received by the due date will be subject to penalty and interest.

I owe taxes but cannot pay in full by the due date. Can I make a payment arrangement through TAP?

Yes, you can request a payment arrangement through your TAP account. Go to the Apply Online box and click Apply for a waiver or a pay plan link.

What information will my bank need to process debit payment requests?

You may need to give your bank the company identification or debit blocker number (9588805001) and our bank name (J.P. Morgan Chase). Contact your bank for help.

How long will it take for my payments to process in Tap?

Depending on your financial institution, it may take 3–10 business days for payments to post. However, regardless of how long it takes to process, your payment’s effective date will be the day you submit it.

Can I use a foreign bank account to submit my payment?

No, we are unable to accept payments from an account outside the U.S. at this time.

Translate »

Please note . . .

TAP Scheduled Upgrade

Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) will be upgraded Friday, December 11 at 5:00pm through Monday, December 14 at 7:00am. TAP will be unavailable during this time.

Please note . . .

TC-69 Form Usually Requires Additional Schedules

When submitting a TC-69 paper form, you MUST also include the appropriate schedule(s). If you do not include the correct schedule(s), your business registration will be delayed.

Note: To save time and ensure all needed schedules are included, you can apply for a tax account online.

Effective: June 1, 2024 – To improve efficiency, we are moving all Utah State Business and Tax Registrations (TC-69 and related schedules) online.

Please note . . .

Sales tax filing is changing

All Utah sales and use tax returns and other sales-related tax returns must be filed electronically, beginning with returns due Nov. 2, 2020. File electronically using Taxpayer Access Point at tap.utah.gov.

This includes:

  • Third quarter, July-Sept 2020 (quarterly filers)
  • September 2020 (monthly filers)
  • Jan – Dec 2020 (annual filers)
  • All related schedules

You can continue to the PDF form below, or go to TAP to register and begin filing electronically now—no need to wait until the deadline!