TAP FAQ – Registration

The person who registered our TAP account is no longer with the company. How do I access the TAP account?

If you do not have the username and password from that individual, you must register for a new TAP account using your contact information.

Once this has been done, you may remove access and delete the username from the Manage My Profile link.

I cannot access my TAP account or remember the answer to my security question. What should I do?

You must register for a new TAP account.

What if I forgot my Username or Password and could not reset it through the Forgot username or password link?

You must register for a new TAP account.

Where do I get my PIN?

Your PIN letter is mailed after you complete your business registration.

You may request your PIN number at tapsupport@utah.gov. Please include your account number and username. We will mail your PIN to the address on file.

You may also call 801-297-3996 to get your PIN number if you are the account owner or registered agent and able to verify your personal information.

Please note . . .

TAP Scheduled Upgrade

Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) will be upgraded Friday, December 11 at 5:00pm through Monday, December 14 at 7:00am. TAP will be unavailable during this time.

Please note . . .

TC-69 Form Usually Requires Additional Schedules

When submitting a TC-69 paper form, you MUST also include the appropriate schedule(s). If you do not include the correct schedule(s), your business registration will be delayed.

Note: To save time and ensure all needed schedules are included, you can apply for a tax account online.

Please note . . .

Sales tax filing is changing

All Utah sales and use tax returns and other sales-related tax returns must be filed electronically, beginning with returns due Nov. 2, 2020. File electronically using Taxpayer Access Point at tap.utah.gov.

This includes:

  • Third quarter, July-Sept 2020 (quarterly filers)
  • September 2020 (monthly filers)
  • Jan – Dec 2020 (annual filers)
  • All related schedules

You can continue to the PDF form below, or go to TAP to register and begin filing electronically now—no need to wait until the deadline!