How is my tax information protected in TAP?
The Utah State Tax Commission uses a secure online registration service to protect your tax information when using TAP. Your browser must support 128-bit encryption.
As added security measures,:
- You will get an authorization code by text or email (two-factor login) when you log into TAP.
- You are automatically logged out of TAP after 60 minutes of inactivity.
You also play an important role in safeguarding your tax information when using TAP by:
- Keeping your ID and password secret
- Creating a strong password and answer to the secret question
- Logging out of TAP after each session
Why do I need to request an Authorization Code to log into my TAP account?
The authorization code is a security enhancement to help protect your information. When you log in, you must choose to get the code either by text or email.
If you are using a secure computer, you may disable this step in the future by clicking Yes to Trust This Browser.
Note: You must complete this step again if you delete your browser history or cookies.
I am not getting the Authorization Code. What should I do?
If you requested your code by email, check your Spam and Junk folders. You may also need to check with your IT department.