Official tax information for the State of Utah
Tax Information for Businesses
Starting, Changing, or Closing a business
Step One – Gather Information
- A good place to start is on the State of Utah's Business Information page.
- The links below give detailed information, especially related to taxes.
- You might need to also contact other state or federal government agencies, or your local city.
Step Two – Register Your Business
- Online – (Tax Commission only) using Taxpayer Access Point
- Online – (Multiple Utah agencies) using OneStop Business Registration
- Mail or fax – (Tax Commission only) using Form TC-69, Utah State Business and Tax Registration
Step Three – Create a TAP Login
Go to Taxpayer Access Point and create a TAP login to file and pay your Utah business taxes.
- Taxpayer Access Point TAP – Register your business, file and pay taxes, and manage your online account.
- OneStop Business Registration – Register your business with multiple Utah agencies, all in one location.
- Starting, Dissolving, or Reinstating a Corporation
- Purchasing or Selling a Business
- Updating Your Business Information
- Letter of Good Standing – For use when closing a business
- Tax Clearance Certificate – For use when closing a business
- Utah Department of Commerce
- Utah Governor's Office of Economic Development