Tax Information for Businesses
Starting, Changing, or Closing a business
Step One – Gather Information
A good place to start is with Pub 38, Doing Business in Utah or use the resources on this page. You might need to also contact other state or federal government agencies.
Step Two – Register Your Business
- Online – (Tax Commission only) using Taxpayer Access Point
- Online – (Multiple Utah agencies) using OneStop Business Registration
- Mail or fax – (Tax Commission only) using Form TC-69, Utah State Business and Tax Registration
Step Three – Create a TAP Login
Go to Taxpayer Access Point and create a TAP login to file and pay your Utah business taxes.
- Taxpayer Access Point TAP – Register your business, file and pay taxes, and manage your online account.
- OneStop Business Registration – Register your business with multiple Utah agencies, all in one location.
- Starting, Dissolving, or Reinstating a Corporation
- Purchasing or Selling a Business
- Updating Your Business Information
- Letter of Good Standing – For use when closing a business
- Tax Clearance Certificate – For use when closing a business
- Utah Department of Commerce
- Utah Business Information