BEFORE THE UTAH STATE TAX COMMISSION
: STIPULATION AND ORDER
AUDITING DIVISION, UTAH STATE : Appeal No. 88-1880
TAX COMMISSION, :
: Audit Period: XXXXX
Petitioner (hereafter "XXXXX") and Respondent (hereafter "Auditing Division") stipulate as follows:
1. The Auditing Divisions audit of XXXXX corporate franchise tax returns for calendar years XXXXX, XXXXX, and XXXXX resulted in the issuance of a Statutory Notice of Deficiency dated XXXXX for additional tax of $$$$$ and interest of $$$$$.
2. XXXXX appealed the deficiency by filing a Request for Agency Action on or about XXXXX.
3. XXXXX has now tendered the amount of $$$$$ to the Auditing Division as full settlement of XXXXX corporate franchise tax liability for calendar years XXXXX, XXXXX, and XXXXX subject to acceptance by the Utah State Tax Commission (hereafter "Commission"). This represents the full amount of tax assessed by the audit, but does not include interest.
4. The Auditing Division agrees to waive the interest portion of the assessment and recommends acceptance of XXXXX settlement offer.
5. The parties understand that this stipulation is subject to approval by the Commission. In the event the Commission fails to approve the stipulation, it shall be without effect and shall not be admissible in evidence against XXXXX or the Auditing Division.
Assistant Attorney General
Attorney for Auditing
The Tax Commission hereby approves the settlement terms contained in the foregoing Stipulation. The Auditing Divisionls claim regarding the corporate franchise tax deficiency of XXXXX for calendar years XXXXX, XXXXX, and XXXXX is satisfied by the receipt of $$$$$ from the Petitioner. Appeal No. 88-1804 is hereby dismissed.
DATED this 22 day of March, 1989.
BY ORDER OF THE UTAH STATE TAX COMMISSION.
R. H. Hansen JOE B. PACHECO
Roger O. Tew G. BLAINE DAVIS