BEFORE THE STATE TAX COMMISSION OF UTAH
: ORDER OF APPROVAL
PROPERTY TAX DIVISION, : Appeal No. 86 2051
STATE TAX COMMISSION OF UTAH : Serial No. XXXXX
STATEMENT OF CASE
The Utah State Tax Commission issued a Factoring Order to XXXXX County by the fourth Tuesday of XXXXX pursuant to Utah Code Ann §59-5-109.6 (1953). The Factoring Order, based upon the XXXXX Assessment/Sales Ratio Study, set forth an overall ratio of 83 and a factor of 1.20. XXXXX County filed an appeal of the XXXXX Factoring Order with the Utah State Tax Commission on XXXXX. Based upon the Łacts presented, the Property Tax Division and XXXXX County Stipulated that the factor would be reduced from 1.20 to 1.16 and further stipulate the following:
A. Adjustments to sales and assessment data as set forth below:
1. Parcel XXXXX the taxable value used in the study is incorrect. The value is changed from $$$$$ to $$$$$.
2. The population count for vacant land parcels is reduced from XXXXX to XXXXX to adjust for partial interests, sales of which are excluded from the study as nonarms-length transactions.
B. The 1.16 factor should be applied as follows:
1. At the discretion of the county and in a manner that will create and preserve equity and uniformity in the county's assessments.
2. Applying the factoring order as described above will increase the taxable value of locally assessed real property by approximately $$$$$ on XXXXX County's XXXXX assessment role.
3. Where all or any part of the increase in value is accomplished by reappraisal, XXXXX County agrees to follow the State Tax Commission guidelines.
C. Based upon the parties agreement in paragraphs (A) and (B) above, the parties jointly recommend that Appeal 86-2051 be dismissed by order of the Tax Commission incorporating the adjustments set forth above.
The Tax Commission, after reviewing the stipulation, hereby accepts the stipulation and orders the Property Tax Division to incorporate the adjustments as set forth above. Appeal 86-2051 is hereby dismissed.
DATED this 9 day of January, 1987.
BY ORDER OF THE STATE TAX COMMISSION OF UTAH.
R. H. Hansen Roger O. Tew
Joe B. Pacheco G. Blaine Davis