TAP Help – File A Return
Where Do I Start?
Depending on which window you are already on, you may need to click the following hyperlink:
What Do I Do?
- On the Accounts tab, view the My Accounts sub-tab.
- Click the account ID hyperlink for the account for which you would like to change the details of a return.
- On the Periods tab, view the Attention Needed or Search sub-tabs.
- Click the File Now hyperlink for the return you wish to file.
- Complete the information in each step.
- Many returns show a list of forms or schedules, on the right side of the window. Click the form or schedule name to enter that information. The information you enter is transferred back to the return.
- If a line item name is displayed as a blue hyperlink, click that hyperlink to jump directly to the view or schedule that supports the figure in that field.
- To return to the Main return view, click OK on the pop-up menu.
- If any form or schedule contains a field in error (or requiring a value, you’ll see an ERROR flag. You cannot save your return if there are any views or schedules in error. Correct the error before resubmitting.
- If you changed a value that affects subsequent calculated values, the field in error is displayed in red and the value is re-calculated for you. You can click the hyperlink next to the field showing the recalculated value to accept that calculated value and move to the next field.
- After you completed your return:
- Click the Submit button. (You must enter your password to submit the return.) An information window will tell you that your request has been submitted. You can then proceed to a payment window, elect to pay at a later time, or print your return.
- Click the Save and Finish Later button to save your information, but not submit the return request. (This requires you to finish your changes at a later time and submit the changes in order for the return to be posted.) You must enter your password and confirm that you wish to save the information without submitting the return. Click OK. To retrieve your return, click the Requests tab and then the Waiting to be Processed sub-tab. The saved return with have a status of In Progress.
- Click the Cancel button to close this window without saving any of your changes.