The following steps describe how to make a payment on a single return, period, audit, etc.
Where Do I Start?
Depending on which window you are already on, you may need to click the following hyperlink:
What Do I Do?
- On the Accounts tab, view the My Accounts sub-tab.
- Click the account ID hyperlink for the account for which you would like to add a payment.
- On the Periods tab, either click the Attention Needed sub-tab or click the Search Periods sub-tab and search for the period for which you would like to make a payment.
Note: You may also choose click one of the links in the Payment Options section on the left-side menu bar.
- Click the Pay hyperlink for the period on which you want to make a payment.
- In the Payment Type dropdown box, choose the payment type you want to make.
- The Schedule a Payment window opens.
- Enter your payment date. You may choose a date up to 130 days in the future.
- Enter your payment amount.
- Enter your bank information. If you want to keep this information on file, click Save as default for… under your banking information.
- If you already have bank account information on file, the default bank account for the selected tax account is displayed.
- To choose another bank account on file, click the Choose existing bank account hyperlink.
- Click Submit. A window opens requiring you to authorize the payment transaction. Enter your password in the Password field and click OK.
- A confirmation window shows you the details of your payment and your confirmation number. Click OK to close the confirmation window.
- You can view your payment requests by clicking the Requests tab and then clicking the Waiting to be Processed sub-tab.